-->

Followers

CoCo Ichibanya @ Shibuya,Tokyo

If you love curry rice, you must definitely try out CoCo Ichibanya when you are in Japan. This is because in Malaysia, Coco Ichibanya does not serve pork curry. But in Japan, you can choose to have either pork curry or beef curry .



There were plenty of CoCo Ichibanya restaurants in Tokyo. The operating hours differs from one branch to another. I visited one of the branch in Shibuya which opens 24 hours before heading to Meiji Shrine. This branch is quite small and only one table was occupied when I entered the restaurant. Probably, curry rice is not something everyone will eat for breakfast.



There was only one staff during my visit. He is the one that took my order, serve my curry rice and collected my payment. International menu is available upon request which includes English, Chinese, Korean, Arabic and 4 other languages which I couldn’t identify. 

The ordering system is similar with the one I visited in Malaysia. 
1. Choose your curry sauce (pork curry or beef curry). Beef curry is slightly more expensive.
2. Choose your quantity of rice from 200g, 300g, 400g and 500g.
3. Choose your spiciness level (Mild, regular spiced, Spice Level 1 – 10)
4. Choose your favorite add-ons and toppings


I ordered the Pork Cutlet Curry Rice with Pork Curry for JPY774. Pork curry definitely taste different and it so much more delicious than the one I had in Malaysia (chicken katsu and beef cube). The pork cutlet was nicely deep-fried and the meat still had some light juiciness in it. The curry sauce portion was perfect with the amount of rice. The curry flavor was creamy, rich in flavor and not so spicy. 


You could also buy packed curry sauce at the counter and cook it yourself at home. Since there is no pork curry in Malaysia’s CoCo Ichibanya, I bought some to bring back to Malaysia. Hopefully, it will taste as good as what I ate at the restaurant. Sorry that I forgot to snap some photos of the packed curry sauce as I was rushing to Meiji Shrine. 

CoCo Ichibaya @ Shibuya 
Address: Japan, 〒150-0042 Tokyo, Shibuya, Udagawacho, 24−10, 横田ビル1F 
Operating hours: 24 hours 
Contact No.: +81 3 5459 0460 
CoCo Ichibanya @ Shibuya,Tokyo

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *